- Since 2014 working for one of the Slovak’s leading venture capital funds Neulogy Ventures; previously worked at Swiss Re, Bratislava, Slovakia (2013-2014) and at Sustainalytics, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2013) as part of her bachelor study internship
- Graduated from The Hague University, The Netherlands (2013) specializing in Sustainability in Business and ended amongst top 5% of the class; currently pursuing Master’s degree in International Business at Krems University, Austria
- Alumnus of Gymnázium in Ruzomberok, Slovakia (2010); spent a school year at Ashland High School, in Wisconsin (2008-2009) where she was part of drama and girls ice hockey club
- grew up in Hubová, a small village in the north of Slovakia; parents are running their own small businesses
- “Studying in US high school thanks to GBE Foundation significantly increased my self-confidence and motivated me to pursue an academic degree at the university abroad. I’m really happy and proud to spread the great message further and help GBE going forward.”
- Since 2014 working at the Public Procurement Office; internship at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, Slovakia (2014), internship at the Slovak National Centre for Human Rights (2013)
- Master’s degree in Law from Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia (2014) and ended amongst top 5% of the class. Undertook an exchange semester at Yeditepe University in Istanbul (2013).
- Alumnus of Gymnázium in Ružomberok (2009); spent a year in Durham, NC, studying at Northern High School (2007-2008) where she played soccer and ran cross country, best GPA in class
- Grew up in Černová, a small village in the north of Slovakia; Father is an ambulance driver; mother is nurse
- „Thanks to the program I gained a lot of experiences which substantially formed my personality. I became more confident, met many amazing people who I will never forget. My year at a high school in the US was one of the most beautiful years of my life. Just applying for the GBE Foundation scholarship competition was a great challenge for me. I proved in the US to myself and to others that I can achieve more than I have ever dreamed of.“
- Interned at Henkel in Düsseldorf, Germany. Previously worked at Commerzbank in Prague (Corporate Banking Department). Spent summer 2015 working as a volunteer in Lisbon (Portugal), teaching English to underprivileged children. Currently working as a pro bono student consultant (NGC- New Generation Consulting). `
- Bachelor’s degree in International Economic Relations from University of Economics in Prague (2015), graduated amongst top 3% of the faculty. Undertook an exchange semester at ESADE Business School in Barcelona. Currently pursuing a double master’s degree: CEMS/ International Management at The University of Economics in Prague/ Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien in Vienna.
- Spent a year in Durham, NC, studying at Riverside High School. Member of lacrosse & field hockey team.
- Mother: elementary school teacher. Father: software engineer in a local paper mill.
- “Being born and raised in a small town, my year in the US thanks to GBE Foundation had a major impact on my life perspectives. Not only did it boost my confidence to go after my goals, but also helped me become independent and self-reliant. I can truly say that it was this very opportunity, that has had the most significant impact on my life up until now.”
- Currently studying at a university in the Netherlands
- Graduated from Carolina Friends School in Durham, North Carolina in the U.S., one of the top private high schools schools in North Carolina
- Underprivileged student from a small village Liptovské Revúce in the mountains of Slovakia – parents work in local tourism
- Traveled abroad only to neighboring countries, never been on a plane before
- Talented soccer player who played for one of the top youth soccer clubs in Slovakia
- Speaks 4 languages including Russian. Favorite books include Coelho’s The Alchemist and Dostojevskij’s Demons
- Currently studying Computer Science at the top technology university in Czech Republic
- Graduated from Mesa Verde High School in Citrus Heights, California in the U.S., one of top public high schools in the Sacramento area
- Father – electric technician; mother – works at a local labor office. Youngest of 4 brothers
- Extremely interested in computers & foreign languages. Wants to become an IT entrepreneur
- Martin’s dream to visit Silicon Valley came true. By placing him into a high school and host family in northern California, he was able to the community of start-ups and entrepreneurs